Wednesday, August 31, 2022

What do others use?????

 Today's post is about what others use for the preservation of their cards, I currently house all of my cards in plastic sheets in the Ultra Pro Hockey albums. There are some cards that I keep close by and for those I use the Ultra Pro One Touch as I like the idea of the magnet holding the case tightly closed. Years ago, I used the ones that you had to use a screw, screw mounts I believe they were called but I hated them. My reason for hating them is because the screws would become stripped, and you had a hard time getting it back out or the screw head was so worn that the screwdriver would not turn the screw.

I am curious about what others use for the booklets as in protecting and displaying them. I have not seen any holder that was long enough to house the booklet cards and if they do make, I would hope they use the same magnetic one touch variety. Since my autograph collection is of many different sized cards I use the full sheet for my autographed beehive autographed cards, and I would like to find other sizes for the other different sized cards preferably post card size As I have lots of post card auto's and it would be nice to find a sheet that held them in more securely as now when I turn through the pages they almost fall out and move around.




Are there other companies besides Ultra Pro that make sheets and if so, what is the preferred choice? I did find a unique little item that is a mini two drawer organizer (See Photo) that measures 5" X 3.5" it holds the cards nicely and I keep all of my base cards that I will be sending out to get autographed. It keeps my desk a bit neater as before I had stacks of cards on my desk and as I moved my mouse, I would hit the cards. I picked it up at Wally World for like $1.98 so I figured that was a decent price and they are stackable but of course this was the last one and I found it with the back-to-school stationary area.

The one concern of mine is keeping all of my cards away from the sun or any bright lights as I have seen cards that were not moved in years and the cards fade and the pages turn yellow as do some of the cards. I do not send my cards in to be graded and when I purchase a card that is housed in a slab, I rescue the card and I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get one of those thick slabs done so quickly. It took me maybe 5 seconds. I use the needle nosed pliers and I put it on the corner, and it cuts the corner off cleanly, and you just push a bit to pry, and it pops right off. I am scared that I could damage the card but was shocked at how quick I got it opened.  I am hoping that tomorrow I can get my other two pages updated My Monthly autograph additions for the month of June & July and the page Will these cards ever get autographed. So, check it out as I will try and have those done by tomorrow afternoon. What takes the time is the scanning, cropping but adding them is easy. Happy Collecting and Stay Safe!!!


1 comment:

  1. BCW makes postcard pages (Ultra Pro might too), that you can get in either three or four pockets. I don't know what the measurements are on the Beehive cards, but both companies make lots of different sized pages now, so I'd have to think you could find something on one of their websites. And somebody makes holders for those booklets, I just can't remember who. I do know that they're big chunky looking things though.

    ReplyDelete