Sunday, August 28, 2022

Some Cool and Hot Boston Bruins Autos

 So, today's post I decided to show some of my certified Boston Bruins autograph cards. I chose some based-on toughness and one in particular that is cool because of the team designation being different than the jersey he is wearing on the card. My Boston Bruins autograph collection is based on the players have to be wearing a Bruins jersey. There are a lot of players that never get a certified autograph card so those cards I send to the player through the mail for their autograph. Yes, there are a lot of players who are not very easy to get through the mail but if the autograph can't be obtained through the mail, you're not going to get it on a certified card. There are several players that get a rookie card certified with their autograph but years ago this was unheard of. So, let's dig in and look at these cards.


This first card is the 2004-05 In the Game NHL Franchise Series card of Bronco Horvath. This auto of Bronco Horvath is his only certified card, and his autograph was added because the set had unique players from the past and present. Also notice how nice the auto looks as it is not a scribble like today's players.


This card is the 2007 Upper Deck Priority Canadian Fall Hockey Expo card of Petteri Nokelainen and is serial numbered 42/75. This one was a bit tough to locate and I believe he has one other certified auto card, and the auto is not that bad.


This card is the 2005-06 Upper Deck Notable Numbers card of Michael Nylander and is serial numbered 29/92. The cards were numbered to the players jersey number, and this is the card I mentioned in the beginning of this post. Notice the card shows Michael wearing the Bruins Spoked "B" jersey but the team's name as Rangers. Nylander played 15 games for the Bruins in 2003-04 but was traded to the N.Y. Rangers hence the reason for the card stating Rangers as his team. This one was not an easy one to locate and I believe I saw one on ebay not too long ago. This one is not cheap but I believe I got mine in a trade, but I traded dearly to get it and very glad I did considering what this one sells for today.


This card is the 2002-03 Parkhurst Original six Boston Bruins card of Bernie Parent. This one was not as tough to acquire, and the design is one of my favorites plus being a Parkhurst card helps in calling this one a favorite of mine. They don't make them like this anymore as I really miss these cards from this era and the 90's cards as well as the designs from these sets were much better than todays. Bernie has a beautiful autograph and I have seen many of his auto's and if you look at the letter "P" in Parent it appears to fill itself in without finishing the loop.


This card is the 2011-12 Limited Private Signing card of Rich Peverley. This is one that was very easy to locate, and this set is very popular with autograph and set collectors. Not the nicest looking autograph but one other reason these cards are popular with collectors is they are hard signed and no Band-aids.


This card is the 2003-04 In the Game Used Signature series autograph card of Felix Potvin. This one was very easy to acquire, and it could have been because of his popularity with collectors and not a bad looking auto.


This card is the 2018-19 Chronology card of Rick Smith. When these first came out I was very excited as I saw the checklist and knew I had to get a certified auto of Rick Smith as I believe he has one other, but I love this design and the autograph is hard signed and this was very easy to locate.


This card is the 2009-10 Be a Player Signatures autograph card of Shawn Thornton. Another easy one to locate but I will add that his popularity could have made this one a bit tougher and as time rolls on I believe it will get tougher to locate.


I thought I would end today's post with this autograph of Hank Nowak. There are a lot of fans and collectors who are probably saying Hank Who?? Well Hank Nowak played three seasons for the Bruins a total of 111 games and if you can get his autograph through the mail I wish you all the luck because it is very, very difficult to acquire. I hope you enjoyed seeing more Bruins autograph cards as I will add more throughout the year as I try and mix up the card topics. Happy Collecting and Stay Safe!!!

5 comments:

  1. A. Glad you kicked it off with a card from the 2004-05 In the Game Franchises autograph set. I wish I had built that set years ago.

    B. Had no idea Felix Potvin played for the Bruins. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felix was a so so goalie for the Bruins back in 2003-04 his final nhl season. His record was 12-8 that season. Those franchise sets were really cool and I am curious if others feel this way, is it just me that when we opened boxes back in the 90's the cards we got were so many times better than these cards today. I believe my answer is this, yes of course they were better as with life everything years ago was so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I collected hockey, I'd be all over the set that the first card came from. It's just such a cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon I agree I had a majority of the master set and all of the Original six teams had the same subsets. They were so much fun to open because we collected the base and if I remember correctly there was 2 autos and jersey cards a box and the odds that you got more than that were greater, nothing like these cards today. My favorite cards were made by Topps and Parkhurst. I am not a fan of the hockey cards today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to add that the card of Bernie Parent the 2002-03 Parkhurst original six I got mixed up with the ITG as they were similar, but I liked the Parkhurst ones better.

    ReplyDelete