Thursday, August 4, 2022

What is your most unique item???

 So, in thinking about today's post as to what to post I decided I would post some of my favorite players and favorite unique items. I will be doing my monthly autograph pick-ups on my Monthly Autograph additions page. So, check it out and as always thanks for stopping by.


These cards are the 1980-81 Topps of Brad Park, Stan Jonathan and Peter McNab. There are a lot of collectors who dislike the Topps Version as it has the players name covered and to reveal it you had to scratch off the covering. The O-Pee-Chee version did not have the covered name. Also, the Topps set had 264 cards while the O-Pee-Chee had 396 cards which was traditional with OPC having more cards. There are some collectors who collect the Topps set complete unscratched and a set scratched. Personally, I prefer to have both, and these three cards are in really nice condition as I picked them up in a large Boston Bruins purchase. The Park and Jonathan are my favorites of these three and this is the set that has Raymond Bourque's rookie card # 140.



When I first saw this item, I knew I just had to have it yes, it is unique, but it is also of Ivan Huml a player whom I collected and being a 1/1 item made it easy to decide. This is the 2002-03 Pacific Complete and the actual card is stamped Pacific Treasury Collection 1/1. Also, to note if you look at the actual plates the top left is the Yellow Bottom Left is Black and the top right is Magenta and bottom right is Cyan. What is interesting is the Yellow and Black you can see the Bruins "B" along with the band more prominent on the Yellow and the Cyan you only see the Bruins "B" while the Magenta you see nothing except the upper left corner you can see Pacific Complete in all four cards just lighter in the Magenta copy.




When I saw this autographed blank index card of Ed Kryzanowski I again thought that what he wrote on the back had to be one of a kind so again I grabbed it. I already had his auto, but I said why not go for another. It Reads: Act Responsibly within all relationships- to Family, to fans, to competitors, to referees, to coaches, to parents, to self.  12/03. Ed played 237 games in the NHL 5 with the Chicago Blackhawks and 232 games with the Boston Bruins over four seasons in Boston. Ed passed away April 29, 2007, at the age of 81.



This last photo is the 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter cards of Jeff Carlson, Steve Carlson and Dave Hanson. I was lucky to of got all these back signed along with two blank index cards.

Well, that is a wrap on another post, and I hope you all are enjoying these posts as I truly do enjoy doing them. So, before you leave, please leave a comment and if you would like to ask a question please do.

Happy Collecting and stay cool!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those are all pretty cool. I've never seen all for printing plates together as a display item like that. My most unique items are a relic card containing a piece of Fenway Park's Green Monster and an autographed custom card of Wade Boggs based on his appearance on "The Simpsons"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Boggs auto sounds cool, and I never knew that he appeared on the Simpson's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hanson Brothers signatures! The only unique hockey item I could think of is my Owen Nolan signed baseball. I had him sign it to go with his 1994-95 Be A Player autographed card which has him holding a baseball. Kind of have mixed emotions on the autograph, because at the time he was my favorite player. To make a long story short... it wasn't a very cool experience, but at least I got a unique item I'm still talking about decades later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only saw it for the first time last year, but I like the Topps design with the scratch-off names... it's just so different!

    ReplyDelete