Thursday, August 11, 2022

Put on a Happy Mask.

 I found these two large paperback books. The first one is called Major League Baseball All-Star Masks Power Pitchers. It has four players and as you flip through the pages the first mask cut out is of Roger Clemens of the Boston Red Sox. Second one is Doc Gooden; third one is Orel Hershhiser and the last one is Nolan Ryan. The masks are clear colored photos of the players face and it has the cut out for the ear that loop around one's ear to hold the mask in place while wearing. It even has cut out areas for the eyes, nose but not the mouth. If the cut outs were punched out it would show the eyes and nose of the person wearing the mask. I wonder how many collectors actually tried wearing one of these masks?? Of course, removing the mask from the book would decrease the value. There are 4 different books and I have two of the four books. The two I have are Power Pitchers and Big Hitters, the other two I don't have are Gold Glovers and Hot Rookies.

The other players in the second book Big Hitters are of Darryl Strawberry, Jose Canseco, Will Clark and Don Mattingly. These books were published in 1990.




As you can see in the scans it was difficult to get a scan of the Clemens cut out because it is so much bigger than my scanners scanning bed, but it lets you see how these photo's look so close up of the players face. I never have seen these before and I will say to myself that these are what I would call an odd ball item but still interesting. Has anyone ever seen these before and if so, could you tell us more about them.
So that is Thursday's post, hope you all enjoyed it and have some info on these masks. If you enjoy my Blog, please become a follower by clicking the follow icon. Happy collecting and Stay Safe!!!

1 comment: