Wednesday, July 13, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

 So just to update I have been quite active buying my Bruins autographs that I need, and I have not been posting many blogs. I love posting blogs about my collection and I do it to attract more readers (Followers) and to see comments. It would be nice to be in touch with others and to help each other enjoy the hobby. The thing with being a team autograph collector is that it can be slow when you are down to needing just the deceased players but what used to be fun has changed too.


I remember when the Bruins would have the rookies for that season, and I always would go in search of the certified rookie autos, but it is not like that anymore. It seems with the Pandemic we are behind with the players, and I have noticed that it seems to take longer getting a player on a card with his current team. It seems the hobby is changing, and it seems the increase in buying a box or case has increased and for that increase you get less hits than before when the autos and jersey cards were more plentiful per box or case.


So will we ever see the rookie auto's increase, if so, I look forward to that by being able to concentrate on getting the rookie autos via certified or TTM. I don't mind TTM, but it seems most players won't return the cards autographed so why bother but a big thank you to the players who do still take the time for their fans Myself and others are pleased to see there are some players that still care about the fans.


The way I enjoy the autograph hobby is I buy cut autographs and yes it can be costly, but it just keeps me enjoying the hobby while I try and get more current Bruin players (the ones who are hard to locate because they don't enjoy signing).


So Happy 60th Birthday to myself as I have picked up some nice autos. I picked up a beautiful Bill Quackenbush auto and I have others coming in the mail very shortly. I currently sit at close to 800 different Boston Bruins autographs and that is not too bad considering this is my 5th year collecting them.


This is the Bill Quackenbush autograph that i got yesterday. This is one of the better ones and notice how almost every letter in first and last name are legible. Bill is in the Hockey Hall of Fame. He spent his first seven years with Detroit and his last seven years with Boston. Bill had a brother Max Quackenbush who played 2 seasons his first in Boston 1950-51 season 47 games 4 goals and six assists for 10 points and played the next season with the Chicago Blackhawks. Bill Quackenbush passed away September 12, 1999 at the age of 77 years old.



This is the other auto I picked up recently of Ray Maluta and I am not exactly sure if his autograph is difficult or not, but I do know that I am quite pleased I have picked up his auto, finally. I will add that I sent a TTM auto request to him but never got anything back autographed so I would say that it is a bit tougher to locate. Please check back to see my new posts and thanks for stopping by and if you like please follow.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    I normally wouldn't recommend joining Twitter if someone isn't already on there, but if you're not, you might want to think about it. There are a lot of Bruins collectors on there (I know one of them), and one would think that connecting with them would get more eyes on your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Jon for the Birthday wishes and the info about twitter. I like seeing comments and new followers because I like to think that others see my blog and enjoy the posts.

    ReplyDelete