Thursday, July 28, 2022

Big Name Player Autographs and some bigger cards.

 I started sending through the mail auto requests back in 2015. I still remember the day I was preparing to send to Wayne Gretzky. I was told by a knowledgeable collector to only send one card per envelope. So, upon hearing this change I had to reopen the envelope already addressed to Wayne and remove a few extra cards. So, I sent this card to Wayne as I was working on the 1998-99 MVP set in trying to get them all autographed and I knew it was a huge task as Wayne himself had 4 cards in that set numbers 132, 218, 219 & 220.



The card that I sent to Wayne was this one checklist card # 220. I sent it and when I got it back around two weeks later I had my Wife send in another which was card # 132 pictured below. I still need the other two cards autographed but it appears that I sent the other two out at different times and still nothing back. I will try some other time when maybe I feel he may sign.


This is the 1998-99 Upper Deck MVP card # 132 of Wayne, one other interesting note when I sent the letter to Wayne I put NO AUTO PEN, PLEASE. As you can see it did work.



When I saw this card, I said who is this?? So, I thought at first it must be one of those Fans of the Game card, but it turns out to be a benchwarmer card. She sure does have a nice looking auto. My goal is to try and get every Bruins player who ever wore a Bruins jersey on a card, so I made an exception for adding this card.



I have some larger cards of Patrice Bergeron that I want to show. This one is the 2013-14 Upper Deck. These cards were inserted into the tins as toppers. This one shows Bergie giving the fans a high five.




This one is the 2008-09 Upper Deck large card of Bergie.



Today's last card of this post is the 2006-07 Be a Player portraits autographed card. These are 8 X 10. The only drawback is the autograph is a band-aid but hey there are not as many certified Bergeron autograph cards, so I was glad I got this one.

Be sure to leave a comment and I will be thinking of my what cards to show and discuss in my next post. Until then enjoy the rest of Summer and Happy Collecting!!!


4 comments:

  1. Wow. Very surprised Gretzky signs through the mail. That Benchwarmers card is cool. Tried to see if there was a model wearing a Sharks jersey, but came up short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was on a autograph site I saw that Gretzky when he signed they were auto penned and when I put no auto pen he obliged by signing. There were others that tried my method and were successful as well. As for other teams having models I thought I saw others. I will research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems sad that "No Auto Pen" has become a reasonable request. Good thing players are willing to oblige!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think players that enjoy signing usually do oblige but the ones who don't seem to be upset by signing for a fan. I always wondered why that could be. Could it be from that player having a short career or something that happened either with a team or a fan. Probably will never know.

      Delete