Saturday, July 30, 2022

A Little bit of This and That & Some Baseball

 So today we are having a Family & Friends Cookout so it is going to be a busy day and I said I will do a quick post. The weather here in N.H. has been decent. Earlier this summer it was becoming one of my better summers as it was beautiful with no humidity and temps around the 70's during the daytime to 50's & 40's during the night. Last week it was in the high 90's and very humid as the air was oppressive. Today it is supposed to be dry and in the upper 70's. Ok enough about the weather and back to the post.

I do have some Baseball cards autographed and I will find those for another post but today I found some inside my desk little cupboard.


This autograph is from Bruin's goalie Don Sylvestri, and it is considered quite difficult to acquire. Don is very tough to get through the mail. I was quite lucky to of got two signed cards. Don played 3 games with the Boston Bruins during the 1985 season. He had no wins or loses just 2 ties.



I finally broke down and bought this needed Bruins auto of Bill Quackenbush. It is one of the better-looking ones not because of penmanship as a majority of the players of that era were great signers as being legible but better looking because of the dark signature. Bill is in the Hockey Hall of Fame.



This player is to Hockey what Babe Ruth was to Baseball and Eddie Shore has a beautiful auto. A majority are found to be in fountain pen. Also, lots are found that way on team signature photos. I have two Shore autos in my collection.



This autograph is of Bobby Bauer and is another very Rare and extremely difficult auto as Bobby passed away very young in 1964 at the age of 49 so the auto's available are in private hands. I have only seen three total. This one of mine is taken from the team photo as was the Shore auto. If you look you can see the chipping (White specs) throughout these autos, but the Bauer is very nice and clean.



This is another auto from the same team autographed photo and of Hall of Famer Dit Clapper. In this auto you can see it does affect his first name as the beginning letter the "D" is barely visible and the letter "T" the same way. But overall, another difficult auto to acquire.



The final autograph from the autographed team photo is of Bill Cowley and this one is very beautiful with no white specs affecting the auto. If you look closely, you can see his last name Cowley right by his name Bill.



This is the team autographed photo, and you can see the autos were signed by each player's photo.



Ok so this is an autograph of Betty Jean McFadden from the AAGPBL(All American Girls Professional Baseball League). I actually at one time in my autograph collecting owned a near complete set of all the ladies autographs. Nice legible autograph of Betty McFaden. Betty passed away April 7, 2013.


Another AAGPBL player of Mary Weddle. I got a few cards of Mary signed and she even wrote me a nice long letter. It is very enjoyable staying in touch with these players as they will tell you all about their careers such as highlights and how they are doing today. Mary passed away October 21, 2021.






The final card of today's post is one that I had forgot about of Patrice Bergeron. The card is from 1999 Compuware, and it is the Peewee World Championship. I just noticed Patrice has the "C" on his jersey as the captain and that is pretty good as he captained the Bruins last season.



Thought this was interesting as I have a complete set of the Bruins candy dishes/ash trays. This one is of Don Awrey. Thought these were neat and to this day I have been told these are candy dishes by some and others ashtrays. How about just a dish but a cool collectible.


I have been thinking of finding some Baseball autographs that I have somewhere in my collection and once I find I will post. So now it is time to start getting things set up for today's cookout. I hope you all are enjoying the summer and whatever it is you collect. Please leave a comment and if you would like to follow just click the follow icon. Thanks for stopping by!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you wouldn't care much for the summers down here in TN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont mind the heat but heat and humidity at the same time really bothers me. Is TN. both heat and humidity a majority of the time?? Our summer began with cooler temps and that is what I like the most. Fall and Spring are my favorites, winter I dont mind unless we get tons of snow the cold is ok because I stay home and only go out to snowblow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is for a couple of months usually, not as bad as say GA, or FL, but still plenty for those that don't like it. Personally, I love it. It gives me a couple of months without any aches and pains.

      By the by, I'm pretty sure that some of my comments are going to your spam folder, so you'll need to go mark them as not spam, if you're so inclined.

      Delete
  3. It's been a pretty mild summer so far out here in the Bay Area. It's hit triple digits a few days... but for the most part it's been in the 80's and 90's. Personally... I'm a cool weather guy, who prefers it in the 50's and 60's. That's why AC is a must.

    P.S. First time I've seen an Eddie Shore autograph. Very cool. Those two AAGPBL cards are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cooler the better for me as well, I work in a business that runs AC all the time during the warmer months and what I dislike about the AC is when you go back outside it intensifies how the heat actually feels to one's body. Yesterday during our Family cookout, the weather was gorgeous light breeze with sun and only in the mid 70's but this coming week they are calling for the mid 90's with humidity creeping back in.
    The Shore autographs are plentiful and the ones that are more common are taken from signed checks, they are nice but preferably I like the ones from team photo's better partially because all of the players used the same pen.

    ReplyDelete