Wednesday, September 7, 2022

What is your insert????

 Well today I thought I would discuss insert cards. I thought about this topic when I was going through my cards and saw the different inserts. There are so many inserts that I could never have my all-time favorite, but I thought I would show some of mine. What makes an insert card popular for me is the overall appearance and card effects. The numbering is not that important for me as I look for that special kind of effect like a card showing the cracked ice effect. There are lots of collectors that just call them shiny cards because of the metallic appearance which has either gold, silver or even bronze but wait there is more. My favorite is the Ice Blue, and my second favorite is the Emerald Green and we can thank Pacific cards for these colors and what a great bunch of cards they produced. Let's take a look at some examples.


This first insert is the 1997-98 Pacific Paramount card of Joe Thornton. This color is the Copper version of the card.


This card is the 1997-98 Paramount card of Paul Kariya and I am showing it for comparison as this one is the Ice Blue version and neither the Thornton Copper or Kariya Blue Ice is numbered. The scan does not show the blue as it does if holding the card in person but if you look at the top left corner you can see it better than you can looking at his name.


This card is another Pacific card and this one is the 2000-01 pacific base card of Joe Hulbig. The base cards all have the silver color and the next card we will compare to another color from the same set.


This card is the 2000-01 Pacific card of Eric Nickulas and is the Ice Blue version as you can see this scan shows a clearer view of that color. Notice this one is numbered as the number is located in the bottom left corner. This is numbered 06/45 which indicates that only 45 cards in the ice blue were produced. I like the Ice Blue color the best as it is a perfect fit for hockey.


This card is the 2000-01 Pacific Revolution card of Teemu Selanne. This version is the base card, so the color is silver and not numbered. These cards are beautiful because of the way you move the card it glitters, and it shows these like diamonds of purples and blues.


These cards are the 2021-22 Upper Deck Dazzlers Green and Blue of Patrice Bergeron. These cards are cool when you move them, they glow and seem to throw the color right at you. They are nice but I still favor what Pacific did years ago as they seemed to be ahead of their time.


This insert card is the 1999-00 SP Authentic Supreme Skills card of Martin Brodeur. Another card that you appreciate more when you hold it and move it as it changes the cards background, this scanned shows us a blue background and if you tilt the card you can see the rainbow of colors, green purple and a hint of pink.


This card is the 2017-18 Ultimate Collection card of Anders Bjork and is serial numbered 026/149. This card is very nice because of the three colored swatch and the stitching marks plus the autograph.



This last insert is the 2003-04 Topps Pristine card of Stanislav Chistov autograph card. These cards are unique because they have the Chrome look and what I love about the Topps autographs where they put a sticker on the back of the card with a number which is proof the auto is authentic. You can see on the Topps cards that they use the silver stamp Certified issued autograph.

Well as I showed only a few different inserts how many of you like the colored lettering or the colored background or just the autograph itself or how about the jersey and autograph card, what is your favorite? So, before you go, please leave a comment. Happy Collecting and Stay Safe!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have anything to add, but here's a comment anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon at least someone reads my posts. :(

    ReplyDelete