Friday, September 30, 2022

What a feeling!!!!!

Today the last day of the month and I have finally hooked one of my White Whales. I have been searching for a certified autograph card of Michael Ryder showing him in a Bruins uniform for over 10 years now. I am excited to say that the 10 plus year streak has ended. I made a deal and landed this card: 2011-12 Upper Deck Signature Sensations certified auto card of Michael Ryder wearing a Bruins jersey. 

As a collector when I finally get a card I have been after it makes me feel good but as I have been told by others it does not end there. Collecting cards or autographs it just keeps happening with the additions of new players with new cards so yes collecting is an addiction like a disease, but I prefer it over drinking and smoking neither that I do or have ever done.

As a collector it seems that I get cards or auto's in multiple fashion, I just made a deal for these two Boston Bruins cut autos of two players from the 1920's. 


This cut auto is of Hal Winkler, Winkler set the Bruins single season record of 15 shutouts in a season with 15 during the 1927-28 season.


This cut autograph is of Myles Lane a defenseman who won a Stanley Cup with the Bruins their first ever Cup in 1929.

I know there are a lot of people that have told me that collecting is crazy and that it can be costly, I mostly hear that from my Wife but I will say that she understands that once you have been bitten by that collecting bug there really is no cure unless you decide to just call it quits and the day I do that is the day I retire so until then I will keep collecting because until you land that tough card you will know what I am talking about: WHAT A FEELING!!!!!

If you enjoy my blog please follow me and tell your friends and as always Happy Collecting and Stay Safe!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I've noticed in recent years that when I do occasionally get an item that's been long sought after, the thrill from getting it wears off much quicker than it used to. Sometimes it's so short that I wonder why I even had to have it in the first place. It's like the hunt is more exciting than it is to get the actual thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon yes that is true but why do we collectors continue to collect more and more with those feeling dwindling away quicker. It's because we got bit by the collecting bug. Sometimes I hate that bug. My autograph collection I plan on selling as a lot and not individually but going to do that when I retire so a few more years to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete