Sunday, September 18, 2022

I Finally Landed his autograph

 When it comes to autographs especially ones of my favorite players or team my ears perk up. This last week has been very eventful in that I was very upset that I missed out on two certified autograph cards that I have been chasing since their inception. Those two cards that are still on my want list are these two: 2009-10 Upper Deck Signature Sensations Michael Ryder #SS-RY, 2013-14 Upper Deck Trilogy Jaromir Jagr #32 and I could have had both for less than $50 but it was not to be. I did get over it as time went on, but it is a collecting memory that will stick with me, and I will now have it for a new conversation with other collectors that I chat with or talk to directly in person. I can also add better with this bad part as it seems this time it evened out.

As an autograph collector and I am a team collector trying to get every player who has worn the Bruins spoked "B" autograph. Now that I am down to needing around 275 autographs and most are of players who have passed so it is a challenge getting their auto's. What I pick up now are the autograph of Bruins rookies and if these players do not get a certified autograph, I will send them an autograph request through the mail.

Yesterday's mail was a mail day that I will remember for some time. I keep a written journal of all the players I send to along with the date sent date received and their address. So yesterday morning like I do every day I check the informed delivery to see what I have for those days incoming mail. I saw the cancellation state and first three of the zip. It was Eastern Maine 044. So, I check my journal and I did not see it on the ones I sent out withing the month. Then it hit me there was a Bruins player that I have wrote to a few times for his auto, so I said that has to be the one.  I was excited to get that auto so I could finally cross it off my want list.

When our mail arrived yesterday, I rushed outside to get it and I just had to open that envelope up and after I carefully opened it my smile grew much bigger as it was not from the player whom I had thought it was. It was from Bruins Goalie Jeremy Swayman. I did send to Jeremy but I sent it to his address, but it came back from a Maine postmark. Jeremy did play for the University of Maine Black Bears so maybe he was up there before he reports to the Bruins training camp but whatever the reason I don't care as I am just pumped up to get his autograph through the mail as a lot of players from today's game do not like to sign through the mail.


This is the card 2021-22 Parkhurst Rookie and his autograph on his certified looks identical just the letters J and S and #1 for his jersey number. I also picked up other certified cards yesterday in the mail and this next one is from a player whom I enjoyed watching as a player, but he was traded earlier this year, so I had to grab this card for now. I did get his base card with him as a Bruin, and I did send it to his new teams address for his auto request but chances are I will not get it back but those are the chances you take doing TTM autos.


That certified auto card is the 2018-19 Upper Deck Signature sensation card of Eric Haula. I am hopeful that I get his Bruins base card back signed and you just never know when. I have had cards show up at my mailbox three plus years and I have read where some players have taken over 9 plus years can you imagine?? I could never imagine finding a letter of 9 years' worth of mail, but it does happen.

Well, I look forward to reading your comments and I also enjoy replying to your comments and I do enjoy seeing others follow my blog so if you like please follow me.

Goodbye until next time and as always enjoy what you collect and Stay Safe!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Swayman. Probably was training up there and nothing else much to do outside of that so plenty of time to knock these out. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply. I am still pretty excited to of got two auto's one for the collection and the other for maybe trading. I only wish these players would take more time to have a more legible auto but what can one do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your success!

    ReplyDelete