Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Some of these certified auto's are quite difficult to locate.

 As a collector trying to assemble an entire team since its beginnings in the NHL I will say that it is difficult but sometimes it really does not have to be. For the reason being that many players from today's NHL just do not like to sign and that is what is so frustrating. So each season when the Bruins bring up their rookies to play a game or many games it can be a challenge to get an autograph from that player. If the player does not live up to his potential then this player does not get a rookie certified autographed card and that creates issues locating that players auto.

Today's post I will show some of the very tough certified autographs as there are some reasons as to why they seem so hard to acquire. One maybe because the product was never fully opened or the player did not sign that many cards. It does appear that there is some hockey products that were not as popular as thought they would be and that could be why the product was not fully opened. 


This card is the 2013 In the Game Lord Stanley's Mug card of Mark Recchi. This card took me over five years to add to my collection. Not sure if it is because there was other Bruins auto collectors keeping the card because of the Bruins 2011 Cup season or because it was never fully opened but whatever the reason believe me this is one of the toughest Bruins certified card, I was thrilled when I finally got it in the mail and crossed it off the want list. Mark does have a very nice looking autograph and his auto is consistent in looking identical each time.



This card is the 2009 In the Game Between the Pipes certified autograph card of Manny Fernandez. This card took me over 6 years to add to my collection. The reason for this card being tough is not because of the product not being fully opened as this was one of the most popular in the game products. The reason for the scarcity is because there are so many collectors trying to complete sets or team collectors. I miss the ITG between the Pipes product as there were a lot of nice obscure autographs of players who only played a few or handful of games. This was another one that when I had it in my hand I was quite excited as it is considered scarce. Another nice auto as Manny was consistent with his auto's looking identical each time.



This card is the 2003 In the Game Parkhurst original six. Now again this card is difficult because of the team collectors trying to complete a set and this one took me 5 years to locate. Bernie has a unique looking autograph where the letter "P" in Parent is actually written over his first name as seen in this autograph. I have seen it not over his first name other times as  well. Overall Bernie has a nice legible autograph. This Parkhurst name is one of my favorites as I remember it from the early 60's as a child collecting those cards but this card is from 2003 and what I remember about the cards was the emerald green letter "P".



This card is from the 2004 In the Game Used signature series of Felix Potvin. The reason for this one being scarce is because of his popularity as he was a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs then when he became a Bruin I could not wait to find his autographed card. But I had to wait 3 years as it was tough to locate. If you have seen other Potvin auto's you will agree that they all look very identical. Not only do I like the auto but the photo on this card shows a active photo of Felix.



This card is the 2015-16 Upper Deck Series 2 card of Brett Connolly. Now this card was difficult taking me 3 years to acquire and because I believe where it came from the second series and that not the entire run was completely opened or maybe because of the players not being as popular. Whatever the reason I am quite happy to add to my collection and this is the first auto listed in today's post that is not legible.



This card is the 2004-05 Upper Deck Notable Numbers autograph card. The card is serial numbered 29/92 which is an indication as to the cards scarcity. If you look closely at this card you will notice after the word center Rangers. This is the only card I could locate showing Nylander wearing a Bruins uniform certified auto card. This one took me 3 years to locate and I was glad I finally landed this certified autographed card.



This card is the 2011 Panini Zenith Behind the Bench card of Claude Julien. I was glad to see a set of Coaches as it is nice they get some hobby love. This one took me 2 years to locate and as you can see Claude has a nice legible autograph. When I got the card and opened it I thought it was damaged as I could see scratches on the card on the letter "E" in the word Behind. But it was purposely done as it appears to be the wall in front of the players bench.

So that is all of the tougher certified autograph cards for this post, please be sure to follow me and leave a comment and thank-you for taking the time to read today's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment