Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday Evening Post.

I thought I would do a post this evening as with other days it is just another Sunday. These cards are from the 2008-09 Upper Deck Masterpieces hockey. I really believe that these are some of Upper Deck's finest cards, what I like mostly is the canvas cards as they look like miniature paintings. They remind me of lithographs as I collected the tobacco baseball cards, the T-206 and T-205 cards I actually completed the T-  206 and came close completing the T-205 cards. The next photo's from these 2008-09 Upper Deck Masterpieces hockey cards are my favorite ones from the set. This set I did complete and it was fun and not that challenging. Now on to the cards......


This is the Phil Esposito card number 32 and shows Phil doing what he did best and that was scoring a goal as seen here. Not sure who the goalie is but if I had to guess I would say maybe Bernie Parent as it looks like the Flyers color but I could be wrong. Anyone else want to take a guess???



This is Bobby Hull card number 27 and with the Jets but which Jets?? I believe it is the Winnipeg Jets in this one as he played for Winnipeg during the 1979-80 season. Another sharp photo and it is the colors that make this one a favorite.



This is Jean Beliveau with the Stanley Cup card number 55. Being a Bruins fan I will say that I was never a Canadiens fan but I always respected players like Jean Beliveau. Another great looking card and what I like most is seeing how the colors blend so nicely and the canvas adds more dimension.



This is another favorite and why not, Wayne Gretzky card number 38. This one is from the 1985 season and this is the year Wayne had 47 points during the 1985 playoffs.



This is Mario Lemieux during the Canada Cup, card number 81 and this photo I am guessing is when he scored a goal assisted by Wayne Gretzky, now I am only guessing. But another beautiful vivid photo.



This is Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe, card number 80. Great photo showing Gordie balancing 4 pucks and several hundred pucks on the ice. Must be showing the many goals Gordie scored during his career. The next player shown tells you just how mane Gordie scored.



This is Wayne Gretzky showing his 802nd goal scored breaking Gordie Howes record of 801. Another great photo that is important to the game and again vivid and when you look at these cards in person the canvas appearance is much better.



This is Frederick Stanley, card number 1 or better known as Lord Stanley was the Governor General of Canada from 1888-1893. In 1892 Stanley gave Canada the Stanley Cup which was also known as the Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup. Another great card that is a favorite.



This is Ron Hextall card number 8. Now this is a variation as it is called the brown frame but I believe the white border gives the card more appeal. The brown does give the card a brown looking frame and is raised showing the card as being set under the border.

So that is the end of this post and there will be posts where I do not show some autographs but there are plenty more to show throughout the years. So let me know if there is a certain Bruins player's autograph you would like to see or anything else. Thanks to all the new followers and be sure to tell your friends to follow as I appreciate that very much. Until next time, Happy Collecting!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment