Friday, March 4, 2022

Is this a good sign???

 So, my last few posts I have shown some of my through the mail autographs from the Providence Bruins. Now I never had sent any cards to the Providence Bruins before until about a month ago. I had no idea if the players ever got their cards or not, but my answer came within a couple of weeks as I got my ninth auto back through the mail.

The through the mail autographs have been down because of Covid, not sure if it is because the players felt unsafe and tried to avoid as many public outings as possible. I am going to start to send to some of the rookie players including Swayman and I hope I get the cards back signed. The ninth card I got back from the Baby B's is from Steven Fogarty and again these cards all have a black area in the background, and it is hard to see the auto as it blends together.


I am grateful to the players that do sign but again I just wish the players would put more effort so the autograph would be more legible. As you can see in Fogarty's auto it is hard to see but when you look at this card in person you can see the full auto. The easiest part of the auto to see is his jersey number 19.


This autograph of Bobby Orr is not only beautiful but if you look at other Orr auto's it is always identical, the only difference is the letter "Y" it either has the hook or just go's straight down I prefer the hook, but I do have quite a few of both. Notice how the background allows you to see every letter clearly. I am leaning on sending different cards of the Providence Bruin players but only if they are available with a lighter background. I may also send all in one bubble mailer and include a black or blue sharpie but not sure yet.

I am hoping that by getting more autographs back in higher numbers that this is a good sign for signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment