Friday, January 28, 2022

Some just do not like to sign.

 As an autograph collector I have learned through the years as to who enjoys signing and those who do not. It seems that if a player has reached a star status that it is rare that the player will sign and that a majority of players that are mediocre will sign but that varies as well. Let us just leave it to make our own notes as to who does and who does not. The two cards that I will be showing are of Hank Nowak and Peter Sturgeon. Nowak played three seasons for the Boston Bruins appearing in 111 games scoring 18 goals and 15 assists in that span.


This card is the 1976-77 O-Pee-Chee card of Hank, and his autograph is very difficult to locate. Hank has a very nice and legible autograph as this was signed in black ball point pen. I have written to Hank numerous times and every time I would get the card back unsigned.


This card is the 1975-76 O-Pee-Chee card of Peter Sturgeon and this one is signed in blue ball point pen and of all of his autographs that I have seen they are all pretty much identical. I kept count as to how many times I sent and, on the 5th, attempt it finally came back signed which made me quite happy. Peter Sturgeon never played a game for the Boston Bruins which is a bit odd because usually there have been players who play several games and never appear on a card, so it seems back then things were different. I will add that the players from today's game their autographs are not legible but appear to be a quick scribble. It is a great feeling opening an auto request and seeing the card signed and it was such a surprise to get one from a superstar or Hall of Famer. I also enjoy finding cut autographs of Bruins players that played during the 20's, 30', 40's and 50's and I hope that someday I can come across an old list of autographs from the Bruins players that I either need or just to pick up a few extras for use in trading, it is a dream but as I have been told that Dreams do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment