Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Finally, Something to Open.

 Well, I am not much into opening boxes as I tend to just go after my autographs that I need. I know there is a Jeremy Swayman rookie card in this product. There is a very slim chance of pulling his rookie autograph card but with that slim chance I said I will give it a try. I bought two boxes of the newly released 2021-22 Upper Deck MVP cards. I opened one box and I got 5 rookies but not one was a Swayman rookie. It seems years ago it was more fun to rip open wax boxes and back then there was no jersey cards or autograph cards in the boxes. When the jersey and autograph cards were added to the packs it took away the fun and it diluted how collectors felt about just pulling base cards. If a collector did not pull an auto or jersey swatch they would get upset and think about how much money, they spent.

There are a lot of collectors who would rather put the cash down on a card they need versus taking a chance on pulling nothing of any intetrest. It is just taking a huge chance and I don't do it that often. I will be opening the second box and will post the cards I pulled. Let's hope I pull that Swayman Rookie Auto (I probably won't even get his rookie card let alone the auto.

Well, I opened the second box, and I was wrong as I got the Swayman Rookie card but not the auto and as I was opening, I did not think I was going to get the Swayman because each box you get five rookie cards so on the last three packs, I really thought I was not going to get his rookie card but on the third back left I pulled him. I got very luck as I ended up with 6 rookies instead of 5. That last box was better as I also picked up a spencer Knight rookie card. Below are just some of the cards from both boxes.


This is the 2021-22 Upper Deck MVP Rookie card of Jeremy Swayman. I will say that I was quite happy to pull this card as I got 6 in the second box. When you are to get only 5 as I did in the first box and you are at 5 and you don't pull the rookie you are after you feel down but it did not take too long to feel great. I like the colors of the card, I am toying with the idea of starting a player collection of Swayman but that is still only a thought but stay tuned as to if that becomes a reality or not.


This is the Spencer Knight Rookie card, and this came from box 2. The Knight Rookie is another Rookie sought after by collectors as he is another good-looking goalie for the future.


These two cards are from the subset Hart Attack and the one to the Left is the gold version of Nathan MacKinnon and the one to the right is David Pastrnak and is the common version. I like how the cards sparkle. So overall this was a decent break. I will probably be opening the 2021-22 Upper Deck Series one, hoping it is out by the release date. Fingers crossed and my next post will be more Obscure one game winners autograph cards, cut auto's of the Boston Bruins.




No comments:

Post a Comment