Thursday, November 10, 2022

This Card Design is Super Cool

 Ok so I decided I would do a post on one of the new inserts from 2022-23 Upper Deck Hockey cards. I am not a collector that believes in having my cards graded or my autographs authenticated. I choose not to because those holders are too bulky, and they are easier to view in the card album. I brought the card grading up because of the new insert, it is called Population Count and it looks like the card is inserted in one of those holders. The cards are very beautiful as they look to be a metallic type of design.


As you can see with my David Pastrnak card and notice the count on this one is 1000. There are certain tiers, 1000, 500, 100, 50, 25, 10 & 1. I am not attempting to go for the rainbow unless I find the lower numbered cards at a reasonable price.

Depending on who the player plays for the cards background reflects the teams color and each tier number is based on different colors. This is one insert that I applaud Upper Deck and it looks like it will be a hit as it has hooked myself. 

As for the other new inserts there is Attacking Zone which is a SP and I like the looks of the Freestyles cards. I still will not buy a box because it is too risky as I would rather put my money towards a card that I need but there are others that enjoy trying to pull the bigger hits. Good luck to them and I am glad there are lots that still open the boxes because if not for them the cards that I need or want would not be available.

No Not Leaving!!!!

I was asked by some if I was going to keep this blog going and yes, I am. I stopped because of being busy with my job. I will be doing more posts in the future as I have lots of cards that I have picked up that I will be discussing and showing. If there are certain cards you would like to see, or certain player autographs please reply in the comments.

Happy Collecting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting concept. I totally thought this card was in a plastic slab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same when I first saw it when they showed the new inserts. It is a cool design as it looks metallic with a lot of design. Not sure if I am going for all the different tiers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, there are almost like a modern take on the old Wild Card stripe parallels. If you got rid of the 500, and switched out the 25 for a 5, you'd even have all of the same denominations.

    ReplyDelete